I know….I’m a bad blogger. First I inundated your news feed with tons of updates from old 2006 posts. Then I disappear for days and days. You probably don’t want to read anymore. I understand. I DID start a couple of posts though, so that’s something, right? They’re sitting in draft form right now because every time I sit down to post, one of the bobbleheads wakes up early from a nap and needs his mama. Such is life.
Since I’m about to have to go feed them for the 857th time today, I am going to keep this short. Here’s what we’re up to:
- We went to the doctor for our 2 month shots last week…. a month late. But that’s okay. The boys did great and the checkup went well. More on that later.
- I had to start an elimination diet to see if Barrett has a food allergy. I have cut out dairy, soy, eggs, wheat, peanuts, treenuts, fish, and shellfish. Although I don’t eat seafood anyway, so the last 2 were easy. Let me tell you, this is HARD. Everything has one of those ingredients in it. EVERYTHING. We are having lots of baked chicken and roasted veggies for supper. It’s also hard because I am STARVING all the time from feeding those two boys, and I just can’t seem to fill myself up on fruit and veggies for snacks. I used to have a peanut butter and jelly and a big glass of milk every night at 3am when I got up to feed the boys. I think that’s what I miss most.
- Speaking of the diet, I am currently trying my hand at my first loaf of wheat-free, gluten-free, egg-free, milk-free, soy-free bread. It will be interesting to see how this turns out. It’s in the oven as we speak.
- I am starting a girls Bible study next week to help Nate out (he’s the new youth director at our church, and it might be weird for him to lead a girls bible study), and I am so excited!
- Nate and I had an impromptu date night on Labor Day, and it was awesome. We had to come up with a plan at the very last minute. We went to Mac & Bones Mini Golf. If you haven’t been, let me save you the trouble. Don’t go. Worst putt-putt place ever. But I had the best company ever, so it was fun anyway. Then we went to Buffalo Wild Wings and and played each other in their big-screen trivia game, and I ate a second dinner because I’m always hungry these days. I havent been there in years, but it happened to still be open and its close to our house. We were the only 2 people in there playing trivia, and I totally kicked his tail. (Don’t ask him who won. He might tell you a different story.)
- I am ready to start working out again at the gym, but I can’t quite figure out how I’m going to work it into the boys’ schedule.
That’s all I’ve got time for at the moment. I figured I’d better just post what I can instead of saving yet another draft, otherwise I might not ever get around to publishing it (: But I’ve gotta get that bread out of the oven real quick (if it can even be called that), then it’s time to feed two hungry little boys and hope that they’ll let me sleep for awhile after that!