Today the boys are 11 weeks old. Every week I go a little deeper into denial about how big they are getting. I’m not sure what to do about it. They’re about to be 3 months old, and I’m pretty sure I am just going to stomp my feet and demand that day never comes.
Here’s a glimpse of what the boys are up to these days:
- We’ve had a bit of a fussy streak lately as Barrett has recovered from surgery and Noah has recovered from his world being flipped upside down. He doesn’t like his routine being messed with, and everything that has happened lately put a few kinks in his routine. He has been very vocal about it! I’ve been working hard to keep things consistent for the past several days, and I’m hoping that we are on the road back to normalcy.
- Noah is eating like a pig. I’m not sure what I’m going to do if he keeps wanting to up the amount he’s eating, because I don’t know if I can keep up. Barrett is holding pretty steady, which is about what I would expect at this point with all of the tummy issues he’s been having. I’m just glad he’s eating again!
- Last time they were weighed (last week I think), they were 10lbs and 12lbs. Who knows what they’re at today.
- Both of them are in 0-3 month clothes. I have to pack up their preemie and newborn stuff. I AM ALREADY PACKING UP BOXES OF CLOTHES THAT DON’T FIT! This is not happening.
- Both of them are doing great at holding up their heads and pushing up their upper bodies. Noah still flips all the time without knowing what he is doing. Usually it’s from his tummy to his back. He always looks kind of surprised afterward. They are also starting to smile on purpose more and more.
- We are in the middle of Day 2 of The Great Paci Removal. Noah is having to give it up, and he’s not too thrilled about it. It has gotten to the point where it interferes with his sleep too much, and without good sleep, he is fussy. So the paci must go. If he could keep it in his mouth, I would let him keep it. But it falls out constantly and wakes him up. His naps without the paci have already been much better.
- We’re still working on going for longer stretches of sleep at night. I think we’ll finally start making some progress now that the paci is disappearing, and since Barrett is feeling better. Before, we were dealing with Noah waking up every time the paci fell out, and Barrett woke up in pain. Both of those issues are being resolved, so hopefully their nights will get a little longer (:
- The older they get, the more different they are. It is so funny to see more and more differences emerge in their little personalities. I need to do a whole post on all of their very specific preferences! They are definitely not identical!
After several weeks of chaos around here, I feel like we are finally starting to get back into somewhat of a routine. I hope that things will just continue to improve. I’m a little nervous because I hear there’s another growth spurt around the 12 week mark, and I am not ready for something like that to pop up and throw another curve ball our way! Hopefully it will be mild and won’t completely throw us for a loop like the 6 week one did. We’ll just have to wait and see!
And if you didn’t see it already, scroll down to yesterday’s post see a couple of up-to-date pictures of the boys (: