I’m getting an awful lot of flak for not blogging lately from people all across the board. Kelly in particular is getting to the point where she’s making veiled threats. Her advice? blog about not blogging. I’m not sure how that works.
But, it’s nice to know yall miss me so much! I figure I should at least give you a little update so that you don’t completely forget about me. Here’s what has been going on around the Bonham household lately:
- Quick Overview: Since Christmas and our annual Pennsylvania trip, Nate took Hebrew 2, I took an online course on Poets (you know, poetry in the Bible), and we both started our regular spring semesters back at RTS. Also on the calendar were things like moving into a new church office, NOT moving to clinton, several funerals, get-togethers with friends from RTS, new community groups, and VALENTINES DAY!
- School is back in swing, full force…more like FULL FORCE. It deserves to be capitalized. and bolded. This semester is going to be a rough one. Nate and I both have full work-loads (I’m taking 18 hours, Nate’s taking 16) with larger amounts of reading than normal. The positive side for me is that I have a light at the end of the tunnel: If I can make it about 10 more weeks, I’LL BE GRADUATING. Nate, on the other hand, will finish this semester only to jump into another one that’s just as hard.
- Work has been busier… both jobs, really. My job at Dad’s office has been busier for several reasons, and my job at the church has been busier because it’s spring and because our attendance is constantly growing! Nate’s in the same boat- busy, busy, busy! (but in a good way, an “I’m thankful I have a job in this economy” way…)
- Church, as mentioned briefly in #3, is always something that brings me lots of joy (and sometimes stress, but that’s part of being in ministry!). We recently started our first communicants class for 6th graders, and Nate and I were absorbed by a new community group, which we are loving! I’m also in the midst of planning our summer programming, which will include our first ever VBS! Things are busy, but that’s because they’re growing!
- The housing situation hasnt changed much. The couple buying our house in Bainbridge weren’t able to close at the last minute, which meant that I had to completely unpack my house again. Since the contract for the house in Clinton was contingent upon the sale of our house in Bainbridge, that one didnt close either. So we’re still here, the house is still for sale, and we’re still praying that God will show us what he has planned! On the bright side, this is the LAST house that Nate built to be on the market! Everything else has sold!!
- The mission field is still calling our name… but you probably guessed that! We came back from the Philippines feeling very confirmed that God is calling us to live and serve in Manila. Unless he closes that door firmly within the next couple of years and redirects our steps, that is where we, Lord willing, will end up. We are so thankful that after 4 years of praying for God to reveal a location to us, he is showing us a little glimpse of what he has in store!
That’s about it these days. Most of our time is taken up with school, but I’m really excited about the fact that I’ll have alot more time when May gets here. I’ll still be working, but I won’t have 18 hours of classtime during the week and studying to dominate my evenings. There are so many things that I really want to get back into that just havent been possible while we were both full-time students. But for now, I’m just going to keep plowing ahead and telling myself that this tunnel is only 10 weeks long!!