This is a Facebook trend/list/meme thing, but since everything I post on here gets automatically imported into facebook anyway, I figured I’d just write it on here. That way, those of you who don’t have facebook can still read it. I figure this just kills 2 birds with one stone.
Anyway, here goes.
Rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with
25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose
up to 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged
you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you.
(To do this, go to “notes” under tabs on your profile page, paste these
instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag
up to 25 people –in the right hand corner of the app– then click publish)
- I go by Nikki, which comes (obviously) from Nicole. Except that I dropped Nicole from my name when I got married. 4 names was just too long. I didnt want to drop Stephanie because so many of my legal docs use that name. Travis is too important to me to drop because I was adopted. And of course I was going to take Bonham….so that left Nicole as the only droppable option. Plus, it gives me a good conversation starter when people see Stephanie Travis Bonham written out and I say “It’s Nikki.” They always look so confused.
- Like I said in #1, I was adopted. It’s one of my favorite things about myself because it has given me a greater understanding of the gospel than I could have ever imagined otherwise.
- Because I was adopted, I want to adopt someday as well. We hope to have several Filipino babies at some point in the future, in addition to natural ones if the Lord plans to bless us in that way.
- Nate and I will, Lord willing, move to the Philippines in a few years. AND I CANT WAIT!!
- I have felt called to the mission field since I was 11 years old. Everybody thought it was probably a phase. (I guess they were wrong.)
- My undergraduate degree is in English. I loved it. I thought for awhile that I would go on and get my masters and possibly PhD in English, but I ended up going to RTS (Reformed Theological Seminary) for grad school instead. I havent regretted it.
- Despite lots of nay-sayers, I transferred from one university to another one 500 miles away to be with my boyfriend when I was 19 years old. He couldn’t be the one to transfer, because my school didn’t offer his degree (and everybody has English!). Everybody said “what happens if you break up?” We’re celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary this year (:
- The godliest man I have ever met is my husband, without a doubt.
- The klutziest woman you will ever meet is me, without a doubt.
- I walk into door frames at least 3 times a day. Sometimes more.
- I often walk into a room and trip over the only thing on the floor. Even if it’s Stupidcat.
- My cat is named Stupidcat. It was an accident. But if you met her, you would understand.
- The greatest place I ever lived was Murfreesboro, TN.
- I met my best friend on the first day of 4-year-old kindergarten. She walked up to me, asked me my name, and then asked me if I wanted to be her best friend. I said yes, and that was it. 20 years and counting!
- My best friend was also my college roommate freshman year, which was when I lived in a dorm. Everybody warns against rooming with your best friend, but she’s the only girl in the world I could have handled sharing a 12×12 room with.
- I invited her on a retreat with my church, and she met a boy that she started dating in high school and ended up marrying. She invited me on a retreat with her church, and I met a boy that I started dating in high school and ended up marrying. We pretty much owe our marriages to each other!
- My favorite fiction novel of all time is East of Edenby John Steinbeck. I used to have several copies and I loaned them out because I’m always trying to convince other people to read it. I read it again last month, and I actually had to go get a copy from the library because all of mine are gone.
- Speaking of loaning books out, it seems that lots of mine are missing. If you have any of them, please send them back my way!
- My “life list” has several things on it, two of which are to read through the entire published collections of John Steinbeck and Kurt Vonnegut. No, that’s not weird.
- My favorite books of the Bible are currently Ruth and Acts. Although that is always subject to change depending on my mood and the lessons that God is teaching me at any given moment!
- I have spent the last 3 years of my life fighting a very strong and unhealthy addiction to Diet Coke. I have recently beaten it. I am currently almost 2 months clean.
- I have the most adorable, lovable, cuddly neice in the world. If you know Jane Bradley, you can’t help but agree.
- I absolutely love my job serving as the Children’s Ministry Director at our church. I am still learning, but God has been steadily teaching me how to teach children about Him!
- My favorite comfort food is hotdogs, baked beans, and pineapples. All in one dish (it has lots of other ingredients, too, though). I even had it at my rehearsal dinner. Nate and I each had a table filled with all of our favorite foods. It was the most random meal ever served in the history of rehearsal dinners, but it was probably the greatest meal of my life! (Followed by the greatest day of my life!)
- I can’t handle cold weather. Just one of the many reasons why God is calling us to the Philippines!