- Yesterday I walked into the bathroom at RTS, and there was a guy standing at the sink. I stopped dead in my tracks and must have had that deer-in-the-headlights look on my face. In my head I was saying “is it me or is it him? Is it me or is it him? IS IT ME OR IS IT HIM?” He must have read my mind, because all of a sudden he goes, “oh, um, its me that’s in the wrong bathroom, if you’re wondering. You’re fine. I’m just here to restock the supplies.” And he walked out.
- That story reminded me of a time when I was younger and we were in New Orleans for the weekend. We were sitting at a restaurant when I decided I needed to go wash my hands (we’d just been at the aquarium, and who knows what I had been petting). I walked into the bathroom, and there were 2 gentlemen washing their hands, and 1 using a urinal. Obviously, this time it was me. They all stared. I was too embarrassed to admit that I was in the wrong place, so I just said “hi,” walked to the sink, washed my hands, and walked out. As if I had done it on purpose. I have no idea why.
- Today we’re going to Atlanta for the weekend, and I’M SO EXCITED! We’re going to see Les Miserables at the Fox Theatre tomorrow, then Sunday we’re visiting Perimeter Church so that I can peruse their children’s wing and Nate can talk to someone about Mercy Ministry. We’re driving there with 4 of our friends in one minivan and we’re all staying at Kiki’s house in her livingroom on air mattresses. It will be like one big slumber party! I can’t wait!
- That reminds me, we watched Les Mis the other night (Nate had never seen it, so we thought we’d all watch it so that he would know the story beforehand, and so the rest of us could have a reminder). Pretty close to the beginning, Nate made a comment about Fantine (a character in the movie) and Lee said, “just wait till she gets he head chopped off, its a crazy scene.” Since the movie deals with the French Revolution as well, Nate fully spent the entire movie waiting for Fantine to be taken to a guillotine. Needless to say, he was disappointed (and maybe confused) when the movie ended and there was no chopping off of the heads!
- Wednesday night I signed up for Skype, and it is amazing. Why did it take me so long to jump on the Skype wagon?? I just recently figured out how to work the webcam that is built in on my computer, so now I can video-chat for FREE. Yesterday Dad and I talked to Janie up at Covenant College, and she showed us her dorm room and her suitemates’ room. It was so cool being able to see where she lives! Then yesterday afternoon I talked to Satu! It was the first time I’ve “seen” her since she left, and it was awesome! Hopefully we’ll get a chance to chat today, too. It’s crazy that you can talk to friends all over the world on video for free. This will be such an amazing tool when we’re on the mission field!! If you have Skype, let me know!