What a long day.
Tomorrow I start my Synoptics class. 8-5pm every day for a week. 8 hours of lecture. I dont know how I’m going to handle it. Plus I have 8 books to read, and that’s not an exaggeration. Ever read any of them? Ever even heard of any of them?
1. English Bible: translation of your choice (the professor will use NIV in class)—Read Matthew, Mark, Luke, and Acts, at least one time each.
2. C. L. Blomberg, Jesus and the Gospels, B & H, 1997
3. D. A. Carson and D. J. Moo, An Introduction to the New Testament, 2nd ed., Zondervan, 2005 (hereafter CM
4. G. D. Fee and D. Stuart, How to Read the Bible for All Its Worth, 3rd ed., Zondervan, 2003 (hereafter FS
5. D. E. Johnson, The Message of Acts in the History of Redemption, P & R, 1997
6. G. E. Ladd, A Theology of the New Testament, rev. ed., Eerdmans, 1993
7. R. B. Strimple, The Modern Search for the Real Jesus, P & R, 1995
8. F. Thielman, Theology of the New Testament, Zondervan, 2005