July 15, 2006 ~ Saturday

Woohoo!  A full weekend of being at home withOUT having to go anywhere.  Well, kind of.  I did end up going to Starkville on Thursday night, but that doesn’t count because it’s not the weekend.  Let me recap my week for you.

Last weekend we went to Dallas, and we had a great time.  I took lots and lots of pictures, but I just havent had time to put them on here yet.  I’ll put up an album of them tonight, so check back.  We got back Monday night. 

Nate was planning to go to Lowe’s with my aunt Beth that night to help her pick out sheetrock for a project she’s doing at her house.  BUT, she called and said that my cousin Matt had gone to the doctor for what we thought was a stomach bug, but ended up being appendicitis. So they were going to do surgery RIGHT THEN…before she could even get to Starkville.

So I went and picked up their guinea pig (that story will come later) and Beth and Pete drove (flew) to Starkville so that they could be there when Matt got out of surgery.  Turns out, the doctor opened him up only to find that his appendix had ruptured days earlier and everything had leaked into his body cavity. To make matters worse, there was already lots of gangrene. 

Sooo, Matt has been in the hospital all week long.  Poor Matt.  He has posted LOTS of pictures of his disgusting open wound on the internet for your viewing pleasure.  Knock yourself out.

I drove up to Starkville Thursday after work to visit him. I’m the only one from Jackson who drove up to see him, so apparently I love him more than anyone else in the family.  Just kidding.  I stayed with Kelly and Aaron, but also got to see Pepe while I was there. I spent most of hte time at the hospital, though.

He’s coming back to Jackson on Monday and will be here for about a week or so, so you’ll have plenty of time to visit him if you want.

The other story of the week was that Nate’s first house was supposed to close yesterday (Friday)…. but it didn’t.  It will most likely close on Monday, so we’ll be celebrating that night.  The cleaning lady was supposed to come and get the house ready for move-in, but she never showed.   So Nate and I were there till almost 11pm on Wednesday, then again Thursday afternoon trying to get it all cleaned up. Those people better appreciate all of our sweat and elbow grease that went into getting that house ready for them!!

Oh… the guinea pig.  I brought Lucy back to our house since nobody was at Beth’s house to keep her.  She sits in a little cage in the living room, minding her own business.  The only one who refuses to mind her own business is Stupidcat.  I should have seen that coming.  Stupidcat pretty much holds her post beside the cage at all times.  I covered the cage with a towel, but Stupidcat just laid on the floor with her head under the towel so that she could see inside.  Poor Lucy doesn’t know what to think about being watched this closely.  So every now and then Nate will get her out of the cage and hold her in his lap to calm her down…. but I dont think it helps.  Poor guinea pig has had more trauma this week than Matt has, I think!

So that’s been my week: Dallas, Matt’s loss of an appendix, taking the cleaning lady’s place, visiting Matt, and calming a guinea pig.  See why I havent had time to update?


One thought on “July 15, 2006 ~ Saturday

  1. Thanks for coming to visit Matt. I know he appreciated the company. I’m sure I’ll see you again soon!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s